Do you want to work on a groundbreaking human performance improvement solution used by some of the biggest enterprises and sports teams in the world?
If so, this job is for you! We’re looking for a Senior BI Developer to help us build out beautiful, engaging, and value providing visualizations for our core product and for our premiere clients.
The Business Intelligence Developer is an organization's subject matter expert on the technical acquisition and dissemination of business intelligence. We are looking for a Business Intelligence (BI) Developer to create and maintain BI reports, dashboards and analytics that turn data into knowledge.
In this role, you should have a background in data analysis, creation and management of BI and analytics solutions that draw insights from data to support data-driven decision making. You should be analytical, an excellent communicator, have a business acumen and problem-solving aptitude.
Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system by presenting actionable information to help executives, managers and other end-users make informed business decisions.
· Translate business needs to technical specifications.
· Design, build and deploy BI solutions (e.g. reporting tools).
· Maintain and support data analytics platforms (MSSQL, Tableau).
· Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting.
· Evaluate and improve existing BI systems.
· Collaborate with teams to integrate systems.
· Develop and execute database queries and conduct analysis.
· Create visualizations and reports for requested projects.
· Develop and update technical documentation.
· Code standard KPIs, analytics, visualizations and reports for decision makers at all
· levels of the company.
· Prepare necessary supporting analytics and presentations to assist departmental
· and business insights and decision making.
· Work directly with business leaders and BA’s to collect BI and reporting
· requirements, translate requirements to best practice reporting.
Requirements and Knowledge Base
· BA/BS in Computer Science and three (3) to five (5) years of experience or 5 years
· of related experience
· Proven experience as a BI Developer.
· Able to interpret data warehouse design (e.g. raw data sources, 2NF, 3NF and
· dimensional modeling, data cubes).
· Analyze tables to establish knowledge of data for accurate retrieval and use in report
· writing and analytics.
· In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical
· processing (OLAP) and the ETL (Extract, transform, load) framework.
· Familiarity with OLAP BI technologies / data visualization in Tableau.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft’s BI stack including SQL queries, functions, views,
· security, T-SQL, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration
· Services (SSIS).
· Basic understanding of Active Directory.
· Understand SQL indexes, index management, and statistics.
· Expert T-SQL/Stored procedure development in SQL Server 2016
· Microsoft development and deployment technologies (Visual Studio, database projects, SSIS catalogs, subscription services, and SSMS)
· Source code control (Git preferred)
· Proven abilities to take initiative and be innovative.
· Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude.
· Able to interpret and analyze data from multiple sources including ERP, CRM, financial and web analytics.
· Supports and adheres to the full SDLC support and the agile / waterfall
· methodologies, peer code reviews, code standardization, data governance, best practices and quality assurance checks.
· Supports re-engineering legacy source code and applications.
· Collaborates and coordinates with Business Analysts, other developers, DBA’s,
· architects and stakeholders to develop business requirements and specification documents.
Preferred certifications: MCTS, MCITP
· The ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Strong troubleshooting skills
· The ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Good time management skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Maintain and be sensitive to confidential matters
· Calm under pressure
· Competitive Salary
· 401k match
· Medical benefit reimbursement
To apply, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.